Esterel footy

Discussion in 'General Discussion (Footy)' started by claudio, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Twister

Twister New Member

Quite simply 'stunning'.

Row

2. claudio

claudio Active Member

Thank you Mij, as a matter of fact it is my purpose to call the attention of modelers and give them the will to enjoy making a model.
    ClaudioD

3. claudio

claudio Active Member

Hi Row,
    thanks a lot, but this is only the Master, that having finish his purpose, is now supposed to go to the bookshelf as a nice souvenir !

Meanwhile the real model is under integration starting with the Mast Steps adjustment & fixation with water level and plumb line ....
    here the first attempt !

ClaudioD

PS: all steps bonded

Attached Files:

#103 claudio, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  4. claudio

claudio Active Member

Today I got in troubles with my PC and finally managed to restore the all.
    Yesterday was the time for the rudder installation.
    Forced to modify the initial intent to get the arm under the deck. Was too difficult, therefore I have modified the trunk as visible in the pictures.
    Waiting for the canopy if the servo can be hidden.
    That' all for today !
    Merry Christmas to every body
    ClaudioD

Attached Files:

5. marcsmith

marcsmith New Member

looks sharp

6. marter1229

marter1229 New Member

Still love'n it!

7. claudio

claudio Active Member

About a forgotten detail !
    To keep the rudder stock and trunk weight as low as possible I decided, experimentally, to use the aluminum tubes of 3mm and 4mm
    The stock is also including the carbon rod of 2mm in order to get sufficient strength. see pictures elow
    ClaudioD

Attached Files:

8. claudio

claudio Active Member

Bulb construction with the lead slices method developed some 10 years ago.

Due to the tiny dimensions, the trailing edge is very delicate and fragile. The epoxy glass lamination is a must not only for ecologic reasons.
    At the other extreme the Roof under lamination

Here below some of the process images.

ClaudioD

Attached Files:

#108 claudio, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  9. Dick Lemke

Dick Lemke Administrator

Claudio -

be careful using aluminum. I tried using it on my RG65 and found it to be very brittle, and it bent, then cracked very easily. For the slight difference in weight, I have found brass tube ( or better yet, solid rod) to be best for rudders, considering it is easy to bump a rudder by accident. If one happens to bend brass, at least it can be bent back - but aluminum broke when I tried to do it.

Just a thought

10. claudio

claudio Active Member

Hi Dick,
    agree with you, but the aluminum tube I used is filled up and epoxy bonded with a coaxial carbon rod to overcome the intrinsic weakness and at the end is as strong as brass.
    Cheers and Merry Christmas to all the family !
    ClaudioD

11. claudio

claudio Active Member

I spent some time to work on the baby.
    The "canopy" was a subject of analysis and discussed with my Son spending some vacation days in Nice.
    The Bulb is ready.
    The water displacement check is made and found that the bulb CG is 'just' under the Hull CB and happy with that.
    The total measured weight give still a margin of 25g for Sails and Paint and small servo support and glass/epoxy coverage for the bulb.
    The fin is directly bonded to the hull, while the bulb can be removable as the rudder, if needed.
    ClaudioD

Attached Files:

12. claudio

claudio Active Member

I was a little slow in those days,
    The construction is continuing in spite of some constructional difficulties with the roof/canopy integration. I didn't manage to do what I wanted or at least for that type of hull. I will do similar canopy with double shell and lower in height, after all, I need to operate only with the battery .

I'm thinking very seriously to build a ThemoVacuumFormer to bring a 'roof solution' and not only for that model.

The Fin is integrated and the vertical check Mast/fin made, while the leading edge of the ruder need a rectification.
    The Rudder servo will be mounted/bonded on a balsa glass reinforced shadow and the Sail servo will be bonded to the foam support bloc acting also for the Fin lateral support.
    ClaudioD

Attached Files:

13. JayDee

JayDee Moderator

Hello Claudio,

Please, please can you make your photos smaller in content - - Bytes - -!!.
    Spare a thought for us poor Souls who are NOT on a super fast Internet Connection.

Your Photos are very good ones, but they take a long time to download.

Most of the photos I send to the Internet are only 40 or 60 Kilobytes in size.
    Your last ones were 500 to 600 Kilobytes !!!

John.

14. claudio

claudio Active Member

Hi John,
    have you tried to use the right button of the mouse and select the option "Open Link in New Windows" ? In principle is much faster !
    I just added the last picture above and reduced to 500x418 pixel 60ko
    In my opinion is not sufficiently large to observe the details I intend to show !
    Cheers
    ClaudioD

Attached Files:

#114 claudio, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  15. JayDee

JayDee Moderator

Hello Claudio,

Nothing wrong with your last picture !!!.

Even shows the thin red lines on the Rudder.
    We dont need photos of the Molecular Structure of the wood you are useing.

Someone has to pay for the Server Space used by the Forum, lots of Forums have a strict limit on the size of photos.
    There are Forums on which you would never been able to post anything.

Have a look on my website, take note of the sizes of the photos - - - is there anything you cannot see????.
    Those photos were done to enable all users to enjoy, not all of the World is on mega fast connections.

Be honest and tell us what is your Download Speed !.
    Mine is always below 2Mhz, some times as low as 60Khz during peak periods.
    Over to You !.

John.

16. claudio

claudio Active Member

John,
    Have you tried the right button on the mouse ?
    My web service speed is varying from 2Mbs up to 8Mbs during Download and up to 0.8Mbs during Upload and I pay for 29.90€ per month.
    ClaudioD

17. JayDee

JayDee Moderator

Hello Claudio,

I have had a brand new line fitted to the house, a high speed Router installed, new cables, all checked over by British Telephones.
    The problem is the length of line from the Exchange to our Village, I am at the very end of the line inside the Village !!.

The real problem is the size of your photos, the 40K one you sent is just as viewable as the 500k ones.

John.

18. claudio

claudio Active Member

John,
    I got the same problem until two years ago when I decided to change provider that instead of using telephone lines, is employing the coaxial cables as for the television antennas. Pity that in my city area the optical fiber are not yet installed ! They suggest speed up to 100Mbs.
    For sure in your area you could find similar service.
    So the problem is not with the size of my pictures since long accepted by the forum without remarks but rather with your line. By the way I noticed that the Forum is resizing automatically the pictures. To be kind with you I will, nevertheless, check the size of my next pictures at the condition that all other forum users will do the same !
    Cheers
    ClaudioD

#118 claudio, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  19. Clark

Clark New Member

Claudio,
    Oh please do not lower the resolution of your attachments! Your photos generally show great detail that is important to many of us that are blessed with the faster internet connection speeds. Often, the fine details are very important to my simple mind getting educated to your brilliant techniques and procedures.
    I feel sorry for those like JayDee that are unable to have the higher speeds that are available to some of us. It really does make internet usage more enjoyable when downloads are quick.
    Regards
    Clark

P.S. I have almost completed my version of your 123 desigh

20. JayDee

JayDee Moderator

Hello Claudio,

Yachts and Yachting are at the moment, the prime passion of my life.
    However, Footies generate zero interest for me, they never had the slightest appeal.
    So, there is no need to "be kind", continue with your massive postings, I hope everyone enjoys them.
    I for one, will NOT be watching.

John.