Translator

Share This Page

Angus - DECEASED

New Member, 71, from Colwyn Bay, England

Angus - DECEASED was last seen:
Feb 28, 2010
    1. Dick Lemke
      Dick Lemke
      Well - things have a way of changing - as do view points. I promoted AMYA when I felt it was best for the US sailors. We then had elections, I supported the challengers ( who lost to incumbents ) and from there it was all downhill. Needless to say, some very nasty and personal postings took place, and I have worn out my welcome. As noted - I failed to listen to Mike Howell's counsel, and for that I pay dearly.

At the time however, I felt there was no option - now, I find myself saying "so what" and looking to build and sail within my own family and remaining circle of friends.

I have a check pinned to my wall, and have noted I "might" use it in 24 months to rejoin if I feel productive change has taken place. In the meantime, I'm ahead by about $30 and see no ill effect. Those who were friends remain - those who were not and are now gone are pretty much forgotten.

Best to you.
    2. Sies Hoogeveen
      Sies Hoogeveen
      Hello Angus,
      I forgot to mention my mail address: ghoogeveendronten at gmail.com
      Gr., SH
    3. Sies Hoogeveen
      Sies Hoogeveen
      Hello Angus,
      am I right that you are the Angus Richardson who designed the trailer sailer Poacher 6.4?
      If so, I would be happy if you could answer some of my questions concerning this boat.
      I am the dutch owner of the Poacher STORMVOGEL, which I required about 7 years ago.
      I enjoy it very much as a fast and seaworthy little boat that I can sail solo on the IJsselmeer. I only have one problem: as I am a retired professional I have too many hobbies and (family) obligations, so there remains less time for sailing.
      I would be happy to hear from you. In case you are interested in pictures of the boat, I can send you some.
      Greetings,
      Sies Hoogeveen
    4. Flavio
      Flavio
      hi angus,

due to the fact that it seems that I have few software problems with my e-mail, please confirm me that you have received my last e-mail ( about rudderless boats ) and, please, let me know if you a replied to me.

During last two week my computer have lost several incoming messages

have a fair wind

flavio
    5. bcarter1234
      bcarter1234
      Angus,

I just posted a link in the Easter Saturday thread showing your design on the water in Orlando yesterday. You will probably find many more in the SundaySloopers.com gallery. I'm just starting to look through them now.

Take care,

Brent
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 17, 1952 (Age: 71)
    Translator
    Reading, yacht design

Signature

A.

He who dares sometimes wins.
    He who doesn't always looses

Footys GBR 26 Little Gull